Since Friday, I have found out all of the following:
- A family friend suffered a massive stroke and is not expected to ever return home, be able to care for himself or be able to communicate again. This is not how Stan would want to live.
- My friend's father suffered a massive heart attack Friday while driving, crashed his car and died at the scene. He was only 61.
- Another friend, who lost her dad at age nine, lost her stepfather on Friday too.
- Two sets of long married friends told me they are ending their marriages. My heart breaks for them and their children.
- Two other friends, working for two different companies in two different parts of Atlanta, were laid off from their jobs. One was totally blindsided, the other less so. The 4th quarter isn't the best time to be job hunting. What a way to head into the holiday season.